Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A dish I threw together one day, this can be served as a side dish or an appetizer. It tastes similar to Outback's Cheese Fries.
- 4 whole potatoes (generally one per person)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- grated cheddar cheese
- seasoning salt
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash all the potatoes with fresh water and cut them width-ways with a sharp knife so that you have several thin chips.
- When all the chips are cut, deep-fry them for 2-4 minutes until crispy.
- Gently sprinkle some seasoned salt over the chips.
- Put the fried chips on a plate and cover with as much grated cheese as you like; I use enough to completely cover the center of the plate and spread it out from there.
- Set the oven to 'Broil' and set the plate close to the flames.
- When all the cheese is melted, remove the plate and set it on top of a clean plate (this way you don't burn your hands carrying the chips because the plate will be extremely hot).
- Enjoy! Goes great with chicken tenders or burgers or by itself as a snack.