1/8 Photos of Homemade Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper
We like Hamburger Helper but we don't like the MSG or other icky ingredients! You can prepare "sauce packets" ahead of time to save time. Increase/alter seasonings and/or cheese to suit your tastes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb 92% lean ground beef (or your preferred type)
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded, plus more for topping, if desired)
- 1Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain.
- 2Add hot water, milk, pasta and "sauce packet" ingredients.
- 3Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 4In the last few minutes of cook time, add cheese, stir and re-cover.
- 5When pasta is tender and cheese is melted, remove heat and uncover.
- 6Let stand about 5 minutes. Sauce will thicken as it stands.
- 7Top with additional cheese if you like.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper
Serving Size: 1 (600 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 961.8
- Calories from Fat 441
- Total Fat 49.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 270.5 mg
- Sodium 1049.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 85.2 g