Homemade Cheese-Stuffed Burger Patties
- Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl, except for the cheese. Mix thoroughly using your hands, ensuring the ingredients are well distributed.
- Cut cheese into disks, 3/4" thick. You can use any cheese of your choice, my favourites are Camembert, Brie and Monterey Jack.
- Divide mixture into 4 portions. Shape each portion into a burger patty, approximately 2" thick.
- Using a spoon, scoop out approximately 1 tbsp meat from the middle of the patty for the pocket, being careful not to scoop all the way through to the bottom (leave 1/2" of meat for the base of the pocket). Reserve the scooped meat.
- Place cheese in the pocket and cover with the reserved meat, pinching the sides to close and smooth to flatten.
- Cook on a grill for approximately 7 minutes on each side to allow the cheese to melt, or to desired doneness.
- Serve as you would a regular burger, or on its own with side dishes.