Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious chewy bread flecked with spicy pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Cook time is according to bread machine. Makes great garlic bread to serve with an Italian meal.
- 1 cup warm water, plus
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2⁄3 cup diced pepperoni
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select basic bread setting.
- Choose medium crust color.
- Just before final kneading, (usually machine will beep at this time) add the pepperoni.
- Make a 1 1/2 lb loaf.
- Do not use delay timer feature for this recipe.
We really liked this bread. Very easy to make! Next time i will add a bit more cheese. Thanks for a keeper.
It was great! I only had sliced pepperoni and I chopped it. The final result in the bread was tiny pepperoni flecks throughout vs the bigger pieces like the photo shows. The bread was tasty. I didn't have plain oregano so I used italian seasoning and it was really good. Initially I was worried that the pepperoni flavor would be strong but it wasn't. It was the perfect way to give the bread a little extra flavor. We served it hot with butter. Yum! This recipe is a keeper.
I thought this was a great recipe. I used cheddar instead of mozzarella (since it's all I had at the time) and used a whole cup to increase the cheeziness factor. Otherwise, I kept everything else the same. The bread came out soft and chewy in the center and crusty on the outside. So yummy! The pepperoni has a tendancy to shrink up a little bit in the bread during the baking, so I might cut it in larger pieces next time so it's more visible...but the fantastic pepperoni flavor is still definitely there...thanks for sharing!