Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A spiced tea from India. Very soothing beverage that is served hot or cold.
- 2 cups skim milk powder
- 2 cups non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups instant tea, unsweetened
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- Mix one cup of powdered dry milk with the brown sugar and spices and blend in the blender or food processor, to get the lumps out of the brown sugar.
- Combine with remaining ingredients and mix well.
- The turmeric adds a rich, lovely color to the finished brew.
- The white pepper adds a nice warmth.
- Start with two rounded tablespoons of mix to an 8 ounce cup of hot water; stir and enjoy.
- Store mix in a covered container.
A very nice mix. I used it to make Chai Smoothie #150956. We also enjoy it as a hot tea. It's a keeper. Thanks Joanie Grow. Bullwinkle.
I really enjoyed this drink. I have never had Chai before - so don't know how it compares to others - but I did like this drink! It has a wonderful aroma! I did find I needed to use 3 Tbl. of the mix to get a strong enough flavor.