Recipe by Shazzie
I don't always want the saltiness of celery salt and I battle to find celery seeds, so I thought this recipe was a useful keeper! Edited 24 July 2008 : I didn't want to make this recipe public until I had tried it myself - This makes a really fragrant, flavoursome celery spice! A great, and simple, way to use up all your celery leaves.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
An interesting way to use celery leaves, at least from my point of view! Set my oven to 395Â°F & went from there, & this little goodie makes a nice addition to my spice rack! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
Directions See How It's Made
- Harvest all the leaves from 1 whole celery (no need to chop).
- Bake on a cookie sheet, sprayed with non-stick spray, in the middle of the oven at 200C for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave in the oven while cooling.
- Allow to dry out for a day.
- When bone-dry, place in a plastic bag and crush.
- Use to flavour soups, stews , etc - even salads.