Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
I don't always want the saltiness of celery salt and I battle to find celery seeds, so I thought this recipe was a useful keeper! Edited 24 July 2008 : I didn't want to make this recipe public until I had tried it myself - This makes a really fragrant, flavoursome celery spice! A great, and simple, way to use up all your celery leaves.
- 1 head celery
- nonstick cooking spray
- Harvest all the leaves from 1 whole celery (no need to chop).
- Bake on a cookie sheet, sprayed with non-stick spray, in the middle of the oven at 200C for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave in the oven while cooling.
- Allow to dry out for a day.
- When bone-dry, place in a plastic bag and crush.
- Use to flavour soups, stews , etc - even salads.
An interesting way to use celery leaves, at least from my point of view! Set my oven to 395Â°F & went from there, & this little goodie makes a nice addition to my spice rack! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]