Yum! These are excellent cookies and use the only nuts that I'll eat! Note: Both salted and unsalted cashews are called for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 (8 ounce) package heath milk chocolate toffee pieces, divided
- 1 (5 ounce) can macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt, and reserve.
- 4In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine unsalted cashews and vegetable oil and pulse until mixture forms a thick, smooth paste and reserve.
- 5In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, dark brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy.
- 6Add egg and beat well.
- 7Add rum and vanilla extract and beat well.
- 8Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture.
- 9Add cashew-vegetable oil mixture and beat well.
- 10Using a spoon, stir in salted cashews, oats, three-quarters of Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits and macadamia nuts.
- 11Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- 12Using a fork dipped in water, gently flatten cookies into a criss-cross pattern.
- 13Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of remaining Heath Chocolate Toffee Bits on top of each cookie and bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- 14Remove from oven, cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Cashew Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2221.5
- Calories from Fat 1321
- Total Fat 146.8 g
- Saturated Fat 49.4 g
- Cholesterol 191.9 mg
- Sodium 1390.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 207.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 121.2 g
- Protein 31.6 g