Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple recipe for cashew butter that I threw together one afternoon before Thanksgiving, when it seemed that every store in our little town was completely out of cashew butter.
- 2 cups roasted cashews
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- In a food processor combine the nuts, 2 tablespoons of the oil, the salt, and the sugar, if desired.
- Pulse rapidly, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula occasionally.
- For a smoother butter, add more oil, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Adjust the seasoning, to taste.