Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We have cats and dogs and once a month I ”treat” the house using this. I use mostly lavender and rosemary oil but also like lemongrass or peppermint. They say that using lavender and rosemary it not just refreshes but it keeps away fleas and moths. I think that makes sense because I make soap that I use on our dogs and that also uses rosemary as one of the ingredients. If you have friends that like Potpourri as a gift they will also like this.Once you have made this and like it, try to buy the rosemary and lavender in bulk.
- 2 cups baking soda
- essential oil, your own choice of fragrance,but optional
- 2 cups lavender, buds
- 2 cups rosemary
- Empty 2 cups of baking soda in a glass or ceramic bowl; with the back of a metal spoon get rid of the lumps.
- If you are using essential oil then add that now, approx 20 drops, more or less, your own nose will guide you, distribute well.
- Add the lavender and rosemary, mix and then put in a plastic bag or glass container.
- Without the essential oil it is ready to use, otherwise leave for 2-3 days so the oil will not be wet anymore, (that can cause stains on the carpet! always check before use) To use: sprinkle desired amount on the carpet, leave for a few hours then vacuum.
This smelled wonderful! I whirled the lavender and the rosemary in the blender to break it down a little and sprinkled on my rug. After I vacuumed it I got down and smelled the rug, it smelled so clean! Thanks for an easy treatment I will be using alot!!!
I love this. Just chopped up a cup of fresh rosemary into two cups of baking soda, sprinkled on the carpet and vacuumed up about 1/2 an hour later. The carpets smell lovely but there isn't a weird "chemical" scent coming off them... just freshness. And dang was that cheap.
essential oils are HIGHLY TOXIC to cats.