Recipe by PrimQuilter
Perfect for gift giving! They suggest wrapping these individually in freezer paper. Use the waxy side against the candy then you can decorate the outside of the wrap. Another recipe from a local grocery.
Top Review by rickoholic83
This is so close to my roommate's recipe that I couldn't pass up rating it! Her recipe calls for 2 cups of brown sugar, 2 tsp vanilla and she uses an 8 x 11 baking dish. When I was growing up, my neighbor, Norma, would make these for our family at Christmas and I cherished every one! Thank you for sharing a recipe that brings back such wonderful memories, PQ. :)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter; add brown sugar and salt, mixing well.
- Stir in corn syrup.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until candy reaches firm ball stage (245 degrees).
- This will take 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- Let cool.
- Cut into 48 pieces with a sharp knife.