Recipe by juliecat72
I got this recipe from my neighbor last Christmas. I decided to make the caramel candies for this Christmas and they were a huge hit. They are really easy to make ahead and store.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 4 ounces margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped and toasted almond
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together in a non-stick saucepan except 1/2 pint of whipping cream and almonds.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. When a rolling boil is reached (one that can't be stirred out), add the other 1/2 pint of whipping cream.
- Stirring constantly, continue to boil on medium heat, until a very firm ball is formed in cold water (about 30 minutes).
- Add almonds and pour into a very well buttered 9 x 13 glass dish. Cool on counter until firm.
- Remove by gently prying an edge and turning over onto wax paper. Cut into squares and wrap in 4" wax paper squares. Put in refrigerator for storage.