I got this recipe from my neighbor last Christmas. I decided to make the caramel candies for this Christmas and they were a huge hit. They are really easy to make ahead and store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients together in a non-stick saucepan except 1/2 pint of whipping cream and almonds.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. When a rolling boil is reached (one that can't be stirred out), add the other 1/2 pint of whipping cream.
- 3Stirring constantly, continue to boil on medium heat, until a very firm ball is formed in cold water (about 30 minutes).
- 4Add almonds and pour into a very well buttered 9 x 13 glass dish. Cool on counter until firm.
- 5Remove by gently prying an edge and turning over onto wax paper. Cut into squares and wrap in 4" wax paper squares. Put in refrigerator for storage.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Caramels
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.4
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 45.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g