Recipe by WJKing
This is a GREAT treat! Enjoy!
Top Review by I'mPat
I downsized this to a 3 quart size (12 cups) (using just less than a 375 grams packet of popping corn, which gave me nearly 13 cups). Followed recipe, divided popcorn between 2 large bowls, mixed in caramel mix and divided popcorn between two 13" x 9" baking trays and cooked as per instruction, perfection. The DS's music recreation group for intellectually challenged adults absolutely devoured and enjoyed (and boy can they be tough critics). Thank you WJKing.
- 7 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup peanuts (optional)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup white corn syrup (Karo)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Put popcorn& peanuts in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, mix brown sugar, margarine, corn syrup& salt.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and soda.
- Pour over popcorn and stir until evenly coated.
- Pour into large cake pans and bake at 250 for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.