Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this from a friend and made it one night instead of regular popcorn for "movie night". A big hit with my kids. Turning and stirring the popcorn every 15 minutes gets a bit old, but it's worth it in the end.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Karo light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 24 cups popped popcorn
- Melt butter, br.
- sugar, corn syrup and salt in a heavy saucepan, then cook it 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- This will make it foam up.
- Immediately pour over popcorn and stir well.
- Turn into 2 large baking pans.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
got recipe from daughter, Marilyn
This is great caramel corn!! I am a caramel corn connoisseur and this makes for an evenly coated buttery caramel corn that disappears quickly!!! The oven makes it crunchy and is a must in the process of making this.