Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
I made this one year when I was in college and low on money. I put the mix into one of those cool self-sealing jars you use for canning, arranging the ingredients in layers for visual interest. Baked some cookies and bought an artist coffee cup, place them all in a small basket and submitted for a secret santa. Got rave reviews! I haven't been able to find the recipe since and just came across it recently so I thought I would post :).
- 1 cup instant coffee creamer
- 1 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 2⁄3 cup instant coffee crystals, regular or 2⁄3 cup instant coffee crystals, decaffeinated
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine creamer, drink mix (I used instant hot chocolate), coffee crystals, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, and mix well. Store in airtight container.
- Makes 3 cups dry mix, 15 servings.
- To prepare one serving, add 3 tablespoons mix to 6 ounces of hot water and stir well.
This is a very nice mix when you want something hot and Now. I used Splenda for the added sugar and a sugar free cocoa mix. Also upped the cinnamon to a tsp. It's one of those "Great to have on hand" mixes that we all keep.