Recipe by Jess N
This is a great mild-medium salsa that is great to have ready in the winter when there's no garden.
Top Review by LindyFlugelman
We made three different salsas today to can and saved small amount of each to try. This was our favorite. It's a mild salsa (and I used 3 jalapeño peppers and omitted the hot sauce). It's perfect for me and my husband said it tastes like it has more flavor than the other two we made. Thanks for posting.
- 7 cups tomatoes, diced, seeded, peeled, cored (about 5 pounds)
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar, 5% acidity
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the jars, lids, and rings in hot water bath.
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepot.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Carefully ladle hot salsa into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Wipe rim of jar clean.
- Place lid on jar and tighten with ring.
- Process in warm water bath for 15 minutes.