Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great mild-medium salsa that is great to have ready in the winter when there's no garden.
Make and share this Homemade Canning Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare the jars, lids, and rings in hot water bath.
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepot.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Carefully ladle hot salsa into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Wipe rim of jar clean.
- Place lid on jar and tighten with ring.
- Process in warm water bath for 15 minutes.
We made three different salsas today to can and saved small amount of each to try. This was our favorite. It's a mild salsa (and I used 3 jalapeño peppers and omitted the hot sauce). It's perfect for me and my husband said it tastes like it has more flavor than the other two we made. Thanks for posting.
Wow this was great!!!! Not hot at all.But I can fix that.
This is the most wonderful tasting salsa I have ever eaten!
It seems like I have made a batch a week since I found it!
I have shared it with close friends, and even just nice people at my grocery store,
doctor,s office, etc., and they have also said the same exact thing about the flavor.
I have made it mild (like this) and HOT (enough so I won't eat it), and medium.
No matter the temp. the flavor stays the same, never distorted.
Thank You SO MUCH!!