1/3 Photos of Homemade Canned Pizza Sauce
1 hr 5 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This sauce is great for homemade pizza. It is also great spooned over sautéed chicken with melted mozzarella
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and puree the tomatoes.
- 2Mince the onion and garlic.
- 3Put olive oil in deep pan and sauté the onions and garlic until transparent.
- 4Add the tomato puree and the rest of the ingredients; stir well to blend.
- 5Cook on low until mixture is reduced by ½, stirring occasionally.
- 6This will take 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- 7When sauce is done and nicely thickened, ladle into hot pint size jars, clean the rims of the jars, and seal.
- 8Process for 25 minutes in water bath.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Canned Pizza Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.4
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 301.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g