Recipe by KayKayPuff
Calzones right from the oven! Yummy!
Top Review by bmcnichol
I never made homemade calzones before but this was easy! The recipe is versatile and anything can be added. I followed the recipe other then I added green peppers and onions to the inside. Everyone enjoyed these. Made for Spring PAC 2010
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons dry yeast (one package)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- mozzarella cheese
- pizza sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in the other ingredients until well mixed. Let stand 5 minute.
- Roll dough out into rectangles and move to lightly greased cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- For assembly.
- Spread pizza sauce ON HALF of rectangle. Layer your choice of pizza toppings and finish with adding a good sized handful of mozzerella cheese onto toppings. Fold remaining half of dough over to cover toppings and pinch dough seams together all the way around calzone to create a seal.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 min or until dough is done.
- NOTES: I doubled the dough recipe to make 3 good sized calzones. I also used my bread machine to mix the dough. Please note that this is a VERY sticky dough. Unless you flour or grease your hands, it will stick to you and everything it touches.
- You can also add other pizza toppings to this. Experiment with what you like!