Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Calzones right from the oven! Yummy!
Make and share this Homemade Calzones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in the other ingredients until well mixed. Let stand 5 minute.
- Roll dough out into rectangles and move to lightly greased cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- For assembly.
- Spread pizza sauce ON HALF of rectangle. Layer your choice of pizza toppings and finish with adding a good sized handful of mozzerella cheese onto toppings. Fold remaining half of dough over to cover toppings and pinch dough seams together all the way around calzone to create a seal.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 min or until dough is done.
- NOTES: I doubled the dough recipe to make 3 good sized calzones. I also used my bread machine to mix the dough. Please note that this is a VERY sticky dough. Unless you flour or grease your hands, it will stick to you and everything it touches.
- You can also add other pizza toppings to this. Experiment with what you like!
I never made homemade calzones before but this was easy! The recipe is versatile and anything can be added. I followed the recipe other then I added green peppers and onions to the inside. Everyone enjoyed these. Made for Spring PAC 2010
DBD this is really GREAT! I now have a simplified recipe to make these at home as opposed to buying for 8.oo each. I did cheat a bit in that I purchased the dough ball (time restraints) and I did not use mushrooms (medical) but added in sauteed onions in their place. DELICIOSO! as my family said. I can see this becoming a regular in my home during the cold winter months. The versatility of the ingredients for inside are endless. Thank you. Made for PAC 09