Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is Caesar with a ZING. I've got to say that I just love this recipe and use it quite often in my home, and hope you will too. Thank you for trying it. ENJOY!
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 3 anchovies, soaked in
- milk, for 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- In a blender, combined all ingriedents except olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Add olive oil in a slow stream with blender still on to make sure the dressing will thicken and not break.
- Serve over cut romaine lettuce with croutons and more parmesan cheese.
Marvelous, tasty recipe. I love anchovies and their saltiness, so I doubled the recipe and only soaked half the anchovies. The Hot Sauce is definitely a winner add-on. Just a little bit of a kick, not overpowering at the end. Great with arugula and mixed greens instead of boring romaine. A couple of garlic croutons and cut in cooked chicken and you have an easy no-cook summer meal.