Recipe by Iowa Mom
Good homemade cabbage slaw that is versatile, you can add the fresh veggies that your family loves and leave out the ones they don't!
- 1 head green cabbage
- 1 -3 grated carrot
- 1 head purple cabbage, grated (very small head)
- diced green pepper (optional)
- diced yellow pepper (optional)
- diced red pepper (optional)
- diced spicy bell pepper (optional)
- diced onion (optional)
- diced celery (optional)
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salad dressing and all spices, thin to desired consistency with milk. Set aside.
- Give both types of cabbage a course dice or grate through the cheese grater.
- Prepare rest veggies either dicing or grating them.
- Mix veggies with prepared sauce, best if left to sit in the refrigerator all day or over night.