Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've started thinking about making homemade goodies for the holidays and I searched this site for a butterscotch schnapps recipe and didn't find one. I found this elsewhere on the web, from a cookbook called Cordials From Your Kitchen. Gonna start a batch tomorrow! (Had to guess on the servings and cook time)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1 cup 100 proof vodka
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons concentrated butterscotch extract
- 10 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- Boil sugar and water together, cool.
- Pour into 1-qt container and add brandy, vodka, flavoring and food-coloring.
- Cover and shake vigorously to blend.
- Let stand in a cool, dark place for 1 month before serving.
Great Stuff Gets better with age
Yummy! Made one batch with butterscotch extract and no brandy and one with brandy and butter flavoring, and both came out pretty similar. Very yummy- thanks!