Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
this tastes so much better than what comes in a box
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- in a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, eggs, salt and milk.
- cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture starts to bubble and thicken.
- remove from heat.
- blend in vanilla with a hand blender.
- pour into dessert cups and chill.
This was okay. I wish I would have read the reviews before I made it. It was a little too sweet for my taste, and I would also use cornstarch next time to thicken. The consistency was a bit strange. I'm sure it is healthier than boxed pudding, but I prefer the tasted of boxed to what I made tonight following the recipe.
Not bad. I am glad I read some of the previous posts, other wise I would have thought I must have done something wrong. I am talking about the consistency.....it reminded me of applesauce. The flavor was not bad, and if I am calculating correctly (88 calories per cup of pudding and 13.3 grams of sugar per cup) this is healthier than store bought. Probably won't make again, will opt for other dessert.
This does taste MUCH better than the box. However, the texture wasn't as smooth as I like. Next time, I'll try substituting corn starch for the flour and using 3 egg yolks instead of whole eggs. Very tasty pudding!