Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this on the back of an organic can of butternut squash from Farmer's Market. Looks really easy and probably easy to adjust.
- 1 (15 ounce) can butternut squash (probably about 2 lbs raw)
- 14 ounces vegetable broth (or chicken)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt (or less)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half
- In a large pot, add broth, onion, carrots, baking soda, salt, cinnamon (if using), and pepper. Some nutmeg might be good here as well.
- Simmer uncovered for ten to fifteen minutes until vegetables are soft.
- (Optional: Put vegetables and broth into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Return to Pot).
- Add butternut squash and half and half.
- Simmer uncovered for ten minutes and serve.
This was absolutely delicious! I left out the baking soda but doubled the cinnamon, we like cinnamon! I zhuzzed the whole thing straight in the pot with my Thunderstick and the whole batch was consumed in one sitting. Made for ZWT 5.