- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, beat egg; stir in buttermilk and oil.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir just until large lumps disappear.
- Lightly grease heated griddle.
- A few drops of water sprinkled on griddle sizzle and bounce when heat is just right.
- Pour batter, about 1/4 of a cup at a time and bake other side.
- *** To make buttermilk; pour 1 T. of vinegar into liquid measuring cup. Fill the rest of the cup, to the 1 cup line, with milk. The acid in the vinegar will cause the milk to form a type of buttermilk, suitable or baking.**.