Recipe by BirdyBaker
Here is a simple, but totally decadent recipe for butter pecan ice cream that is made in the ice cream maker. So easy to make with fabulous results. Much better than store bought. Great for a hot summer day...or any time of the year for that matter. Cook time includes freeze time that varies from machine to machine. Whole pecan nuts can be used instead of the chopped!
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
This is wonderful! The taste is just perfect. I made it as posted and it does not make very much ~ about 2 cups or so. I will double or triple it in the future. I didn't chop the pecans ~ I just broke them up as I dropped them in since I like the pieces bigger. When I made the custard, it never bubbled around the edges for me and it actually boiled so I was concerned that I had messed it up but it worked perfectly. Thanks so much for posting a keeper!
- 1⁄2 pint light cream
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 2 ounces brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup pecan nuts (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or according to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the light cream, sugar and butter into a saucepan and mix together over a low heat.
- Stir until the mixture starts to bubble around the edges.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool.
- When the mixture is cold transfer it to an ice cream maker and stir in the heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions but remember to add the pecan nuts as the ice cream starts to harden.