Posted in response to a request. It actually makes approximately 3/4 cup butter but it wouldn't take a fraction.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
- Pour the cream into the blender container and cover.
- Blend on the lowest speed until the cream begins to thicken around the blades.
- While continuing to blend, pour the ice water through the opening in the lid.
- Raise the speed to the 4th lowest speed and blend until butter forms, about 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer the butter into a strainer to drain.
- Then pack it into a butter mold or form into squares and chill.