1/1 Photo of Homemade Butter II
Sean Coate's Note:
Try making your own butter with this easy recipe.
My Private Note
- 1Fit the steel knife blade into the work bowl of your food processor.
- 2Process cream until whipped, about 30 seconds.
- 3Add water and ice cubes.
- 4Process 2-3 minutes until butter has formed and separated from the liquid.
- 5No harm will be done if you overwhip this mixture. Pour butter and liquid into a fine strainer.
- 6With a rubber spatula, gently press butter against sieve to remove excess moisture. DO NOT press too hard or butter will go through strainer.
- 7Refrigerate butter in a covered container.
- 8This makes 1/3 cup butter.
- 9If you prefer salted butter, add 1/8 teaspoon or less of salt to cream before processing.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Butter II
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.8
- Calories from Fat 594
- Total Fat 66.0 g
- Saturated Fat 41.1 g
- Cholesterol 244.5 mg
- Sodium 71.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g