Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
How to make home made butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh whipping cream
- 1 medium glass jar
- You will need whipping cream and a glass jar with a lid.
- The more cream you use, the larger the jar should be.
- Place the cream in the jar.
- Cover with the lid.
- Now, Shake, shake shake and shake!
- Keep shaking till the cream turns into butter.
- You may request other family members to help you shake, cause this may take a while!
- Get a nice fresh slice of bread and spread the homemade butter onto it!
I tried this and it worked! I had never made butter before. It was very tasty and we all enjoyedit very much.
Thanks for sharing this recipe...great way to teach kids homemaking i buy the whipping cream by the half gallon then make it the homemade butter crock srpead which makes a lot & last all year long by freezing it until i need it... plus what i pay for the ingredients i pay about ten dollars for..saves me alot of money in the long run & i know i won't run out of butter...
I also use this all the time. This is all I use. I would like to add that the colder the whipping cream the less amount of shaking you do. You can also add a couple of marbles to this. To add in aggitaion. Make sure you shake slow to start, if you use the later, also the later should not be used if small children are going to be helping you.