1/1 Photo of Homemade Butter
6 hrs 35 mins
6 hrs 10 mins
My Private Note
- 1Place the bowl and blade of a food processor into the freezer to chill for 4 to 5 hours.
- 2Refit the bowl and blade, turn on the food processor, and pour the cream through the feed tube. Continue to process for about 10 minutes, until the Butter has hardened around the blade, leaving the liquid that has separated from the cream in the bottom of the bowl.
- 3Transfer the Butter to a fine sieve and shake 2 or 3 times over the sink to allow any excess liquid to drain.
- 4Put the butter in a bowl, cover, and chill for at least 1 hour before using.
- 5Store it in the refrigerator, where it has a shelf life of about 1 week.
- 6While holding the ruler, grab the end of the top layer of wax paper and slowly pull it toward you; this will form the Butter into the shape of a log.
- 7Roll the paper around the log and chill.
- 8Serve whole or cut off medallions as needed.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Butter
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.4
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 7.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g