Air Force Mama's Note:
Recipe adapted from The Sweeter Side of Amy's Bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups chopped nuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9″x 13″ baking pan.
- 2Melt butter, half of the chocolate chips, and usweetened chocolate in a double boiler (or microwave).
- 3Let mixture cool to warm.
- 4Whisk sugar, eggs, and vanilla just until mixed. Over-mixing will cause crumbly brownies.
- 5Fold in warm chocolate mixture.
- 6Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 7Fold dry ingredients into chocolate mixture until just combined.
- 8Stir in remaining chocolate chips and nuts (if using), mixing just until combined.
- 9Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 10Spread to an even thickness.
- 11Bake 32-36 minutes.
- 12The edges will be slightly firm and the center will be soft when they are fully baked. Do not overbake.
- 13Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.1
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 87.1 mg
- Sodium 221.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 42.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g