Prep 20 mins
Cook 36 mins
Recipe adapted from The Sweeter Side of Amy's Bread.
- 3 1⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9″x 13″ baking pan.
- Melt butter, half of the chocolate chips, and usweetened chocolate in a double boiler (or microwave).
- Let mixture cool to warm.
- Whisk sugar, eggs, and vanilla just until mixed. Over-mixing will cause crumbly brownies.
- Fold in warm chocolate mixture.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold dry ingredients into chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips and nuts (if using), mixing just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Spread to an even thickness.
- Bake 32-36 minutes.
- The edges will be slightly firm and the center will be soft when they are fully baked. Do not overbake.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.