Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are wonderful and you can make a bigger batch and freeze them. Points...2.
- 1 lb ground pork loin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage or 5 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Mix the pork and seasoning together well and form into small patties.
- You should be able to make 10 to 12, depending on size.
- Fry about 5 minutes per side, and drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.
This had a very good flavor. I will be making this again. Because the ground pork I used was so much leaner over the store bought variety, I needed to use a little water in frying it up. Thank you for sharing this.
In the UK, you can't really find breakfast sausage patties, so I gave these a try. They were great! The flavor wasn't quite what I'm used to from commercial brands (I think I will increase the black pepper a little next time), but it's the closest I've found. My freezer is stocked, and I love having these available on demand.
I made these for breakfast with pork I had freshly ground and the flavor was excellent. I did leave out the cayenne pepper though. I plan on making a large batch and freezing them for later use.