1/2 Photos of Homemade Breakfast Sausage
If you like sausage, but not the fat, use this recipe with lean ground pork. This is now the only sausage we eat in our house. Make the patties ahead of time and freeze for later use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: Mix the dry ingredients first before you add them to the meat.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the sage, salt, ground black pepper, marjoram, brown sugar, crushed red pepper and breadcrumbs. Mix well.
- 3Place the pork in a large bowl and add the mixed spices to it. Mix well with your hands and form into patties. No thicker than 1/4 inch.
- 4Cook the patties in a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes per side, or until internal pork temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- 5Note: You can make the patties ahead of time and freeze for later.
- 6Note: You can substitute the ground pork with ground turkey breast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Breakfast Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.1
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.5 mg
- Sodium 474.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 13.6 g