Recipe by jimf57
If you like sausage, but not the fat, use this recipe with lean ground pork. This is now the only sausage we eat in our house. Make the patties ahead of time and freeze for later use.
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 lb ground pork, lean
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: Mix the dry ingredients first before you add them to the meat.
- In a small bowl, combine the sage, salt, ground black pepper, marjoram, brown sugar, crushed red pepper and breadcrumbs. Mix well.
- Place the pork in a large bowl and add the mixed spices to it. Mix well with your hands and form into patties. No thicker than 1/4 inch.
- Cook the patties in a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes per side, or until internal pork temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Note: You can make the patties ahead of time and freeze for later.
- Note: You can substitute the ground pork with ground turkey breast.