- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 9 lbs ground pork butt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sage, salt, black pepper, marjoram, brown sugar, crushed red pepper and cloves.
- Mix well.
- Place the pork in a large bowl and add the mixed spices to it.
- Mix well with your hands and form into 9 oblong rolls.
- Wrap well in plastic wrap and chill.
- (Freeze any that you aren't going to use within a week. Freezes up to three months) Slice off patties and cook as you normally would sausage.