1/1 Photo of Homemade Breakfast Sausage
Montana Heart Song's Note:
You may use beef or pork or a combination of both. You may use splenda instead of brown sugar or maple syrup. You will have to use a little more splenda.If you have fresh herbs the flavor is more intense.This is a make ahead recipe and freeze if desired. I used to make this with ground vension and ground pork. The kids loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef (or 1 lb beef and 1 lb pork) or 2 lbs ground pork (or 1 lb beef and 1 lb pork)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt or 2 1/2 teaspoons salt substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, if desired
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1In large bowl, mix ground meat and spices and herbs.
- 2In warm water, add brown sugar or splenda and maple syrup if desired. Stir.
- 3Add to ground meat mixture and mix well.
- 4Form patties.
- 5Fry in heavy skillet on medium heat. Brown on both sides.
- 6Pack each pattie between waxed paper if you freeze. Then reheat in pan or microwave.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Breakfast Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.8
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 802.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 21.1 g