Recipe by Montana Heart Song
You may use beef or pork or a combination of both. You may use splenda instead of brown sugar or maple syrup. You will have to use a little more splenda.If you have fresh herbs the flavor is more intense.This is a make ahead recipe and freeze if desired. I used to make this with ground vension and ground pork. The kids loved it.
- 2 lbs ground beef (or 1 lb beef and 1 lb pork) or 2 lbs ground pork (or 1 lb beef and 1 lb pork)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, if desired
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mix ground meat and spices and herbs.
- In warm water, add brown sugar or splenda and maple syrup if desired. Stir.
- Add to ground meat mixture and mix well.
- Form patties.
- Fry in heavy skillet on medium heat. Brown on both sides.
- Pack each pattie between waxed paper if you freeze. Then reheat in pan or microwave.