Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a college roommate. It's fast, simple and tasty. I use this recipe to make two deep dish pizza crusts also.
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon instant malted milk powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
Add and knead
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- In a 9 by 13 inch pan melt 1/4 c margarine or butter.
- Press out dough (I turn it over in the margarine to coat both sides as it is a little sticky and it makes easier to work with).
- Sprinkle dough with:.
- Gresh or grated Parmesan (to taste).
- 1-1/2 t garlic salt.
- 1 T sesame seeds.
- Let rise 15 minutes.
- Cook in 400° preheated oven 12-15 minutes or till lightly brown and no longer doughy.
My family loves these and request them frequently. We are forever changing what we sprinkle on top to match the flavors of the meal. One of the favorites is kosher salt, garlic and Italian cheese blend or Asiago cheese. I have found I have to cook them longer as they are a bit doughy, but that's easy to fix!
From all the reviews I was expecting something really amazing but actually I found these to be quite bland and uninteresting. I gave you an extra star, however, due to the fact that I had to sub in dry milk powder for the instant malted milk powder. Thanks for a nice filling bread though! :)
Delicious--I got away with much less than the prescribed 1/4 c margarine in pan