Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This dough is great for bread, breadsticks, rolls, pizza dough, etc. This recipe is from Peterson's Bosch.
- Using a LARGE mixer, add the water and a few cups of flour. Mix.
- Add the salt, oil, honey, and yeast. (If you measure the oil first and then the honey, the honey doesn't stick as much).
- Add one cup of flour at a time, until the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl. (at this point I think it's still too doughy, so I add one or two more cups depending on how much I have to shape the dough).
- Let it knead for 12 minutes.
- If making bread, turn on the oven to 170 degrees and let it heat while the dough kneads.
- Shape the dough and place in pans (will make 3-4 loafs of bread, depending on the size of the pans).
- Place the loafs in the oven. Turn off the oven. Let rise for 25-30 minutes.
- Turn on the oven to 350. Don't remove the bread, let it continue to raise while preheating.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove and cool on cooling racks.
- Don't put in the fridge, this makes it go stale faster. Freezes well.