1 hr 30 mins
Salt Lake Meal Swapping's Note:
This dough is great for bread, breadsticks, rolls, pizza dough, etc. This recipe is from Peterson's Bosch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a LARGE mixer, add the water and a few cups of flour. Mix.
- 2Add the salt, oil, honey, and yeast. (If you measure the oil first and then the honey, the honey doesn't stick as much).
- 3Add one cup of flour at a time, until the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl. (at this point I think it's still too doughy, so I add one or two more cups depending on how much I have to shape the dough).
- 4Let it knead for 12 minutes.
- 5If making bread, turn on the oven to 170 degrees and let it heat while the dough kneads.
- 6Shape the dough and place in pans (will make 3-4 loafs of bread, depending on the size of the pans).
- 7Place the loafs in the oven. Turn off the oven. Let rise for 25-30 minutes.
- 8Turn on the oven to 350. Don't remove the bread, let it continue to raise while preheating.
- 9Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 10Remove and cool on cooling racks.
- 11Don't put in the fridge, this makes it go stale faster. Freezes well.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Bread Dough
Serving Size: 1 (2301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1716.9
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2344.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 320.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 31.9 g
- Protein 41.9 g