1/1 Photo of Homemade Bread Crumbs
Make a six month supply of bread crumbs for the cost of 2 loaves of bread and a cup of butter. And they taste better than the store-bought version. I've used this recipe for 15 years and have no idea where it came from. The yield of course, will depend on the size of the loaves you use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 loaves firm-textured white bread
- 1 cup butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Use a food processor or blender to crumb the bread evenly.
- 2Crumbs should not be like sand.
- 3Leave some texture-don't overprocess.
- 4Melt butter in a large pan and add crumbs and salt and pepper.
- 5Stir until evenly coated.
- 6Continue stirring over medium heat until the crumbs sound like sand when they hit the bottom of the pan.
- 7Cool thoroughly.
- 8Then store in heavy duty plastic bags with zipper seals.
- 9Don't put them in the refrigerator-they won't keep.
- 10Store them in a cabinet for up to six months.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Bread Crumbs
Serving Size: 1 (1027 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1877.8
- Calories from Fat 946
- Total Fat 105.2 g
- Saturated Fat 61.1 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 2854.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 202.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 31.5 g