Enough batter to cover 10 inch pie pan and drizzle down, or large casseroles. It is light and fluffy to use as a dumpling batter recipe also.In a Pam sprayed pan, good as a stand alone bread. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes. I used for "impossible pie" recipes also. Just top with this batter.
- In medium mixing bowl, add eggs, salt, baking powder and oil. Whisk until well beaten and mixed.
- Add flour and milk and mix well (cilantro if you are making dumplings).
- Pour over casseroles, impossible pies, sliced applies with brown sugar and margarine, strawberries with sugar and margarine (in pie pans 9 to 10 inch) The batter is not sweet. If you add whipped cream to the fruit pies it doesn't need to be.
- I also use it for sliced bananas dipped in lemon juice and sprinkled with brown sugar. Just remember to grease or oil the pan.
- Another Method: In greased pie pan, ladle one cup of batter, cook at 375° for 10 minutes,take out of oven, add fruit filling that has cornstarch in the juice, then pour the balance of batter over the fruit.
- Bake at 400° for about 20 to 25 minutes. Photo of this method shown.