1/1 Photo of Homemade Bread Batter Topping
Montana Heart Song's Note:
Enough batter to cover 10 inch pie pan and drizzle down, or large casseroles. It is light and fluffy to use as a dumpling batter recipe also.In a Pam sprayed pan, good as a stand alone bread. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes. I used for "impossible pie" recipes also. Just top with this batter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium mixing bowl, add eggs, salt, baking powder and oil. Whisk until well beaten and mixed.
- 2Add flour and milk and mix well (cilantro if you are making dumplings).
- 3Pour over casseroles, impossible pies, sliced applies with brown sugar and margarine, strawberries with sugar and margarine (in pie pans 9 to 10 inch) The batter is not sweet. If you add whipped cream to the fruit pies it doesn't need to be.
- 4I also use it for sliced bananas dipped in lemon juice and sprinkled with brown sugar. Just remember to grease or oil the pan.
- 5Another Method: In greased pie pan, ladle one cup of batter, cook at 375° for 10 minutes,take out of oven, add fruit filling that has cornstarch in the juice, then pour the balance of batter over the fruit.
- 6Bake at 400° for about 20 to 25 minutes. Photo of this method shown.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Bread Batter Topping
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.6
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 273.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g