Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy recipe for making homemade bread
Make and share this Homemade Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 10 teaspoons butter
- 10 teaspoons white sugar
- 4 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1) pre-heat oven to 150 F.
- 2) mix together yeast and warm water.
- 3) melt butter in microwave (about 15 seconds in 1000W microwave) Do not overheat.
- 4) combine all ingredients except whole wheat flour.
- 5) mix in 2 cups of flour until well blended.
- 6) continue adding flour 1/2 cup at a time until dough is formed and is only slightly sticky.
- 7) put flour on work area and knead dough for 10 minutes.
- 8) divide dough into two balls.
- 9) put each ball in a bowl, cover with towel and allow to rise on stove top for 1 hour.
- 10) grease to bread pans.
- 11) remove dough from bowls, place on floured suface.
- 12) press out into a flat shape with one side being the length of your loaf pans.
- 13) roll up and form ends tucking slightly under.
- 14) place in bread pans with seems to the bottom.
- 15) cover and let rise 1 hour on stove top.
- 16) place in oven at 400 F for 30 minutes.
- 17) remove from bread pans and allow to cool.