- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 395.10 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml distilled white vinegar
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 78.07 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 59.14 ml Bourbon
- 14.79 ml molasses
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml liquid smoke
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for one minute longer.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the sauce into a medium bowl. Cover and chill until ready to use.