Recipe by Darrinw2001
These taste much better and are much more healthy than those store bought things. Easy and quick to make. You will never buy another protein bar again!
Top Review by Tarryn F.
Great recipe I adapted for cherry bakewell. Followed julieB713's tweaks to increase healthy fat content but used coconut oil instead of butter. Instead of blueberry I used cherry and added a tablespoon of almond extract.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla protein powder (whey)
- 1 cup whole oats
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries (thawed)
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Chop oats in food processor or blender
- In large bowl, add all ingredients, except oil; mix well.
- Use oil to grease a 9x9-inch baking dish and line the bottom with foil (to prevent sticking).
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into 6 bars.