Recipe by G.I.N.A.
This is the best homemade biscuits I've ever had. My family just loves them! They are quick and easy to make. For something different for breakfast, try adding some bacon bits to the mix..yum!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Make a nest in the flour mixture, then add milk and shortening.
- Mix good with hands till it forms a sticky ball.
- Knead the dough ball on a floured surface 6-8 times.
- Roll or pat dough down to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into 2-3 inch biscuits.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Cook for 10-13 minutes until golden brown.