This is the best homemade biscuits I've ever had. My family just loves them! They are quick and easy to make. For something different for breakfast, try adding some bacon bits to the mix..yum!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Mix flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- 3Make a nest in the flour mixture, then add milk and shortening.
- 4Mix good with hands till it forms a sticky ball.
- 5Knead the dough ball on a floured surface 6-8 times.
- 6Roll or pat dough down to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 7Cut into 2-3 inch biscuits.
- 8Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- 9Cook for 10-13 minutes until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.2
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 874.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g