This is like biscuit mix in the box from the store. Very easy to make and easy to use.
Make and share this Homemade Biscuit Mix ( Substitute / Copycat / Clone ) recipe from Food.com.
- Stir all the dry ingredients together until thoroughly mixed.
- Cut the shortening in till well mixed.
- Store in freezer in a plastic bag for several months, or may store in cannister or jar on counter top for up to a month.
- When ready to use-- add water and biscuit mix, using enough of the water to make a soft but NOT sticky dough.
- Turn out on a floured towel or cabinet surface.
- Roll out about 3/4-inch thick.
- Cut with glass or biscuit cutter.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 450°.
- This will make about a dozen 2-inch biscuits.