Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great kid friendly recipe-make sure the onions and garlic are minced well-I puree mine.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- Cook macaroni and drain.
- Brown together the ground beef, onion and garlic.
- Drain if needed.
- Mix in the soup, water and sugar to the beef mixture.
- Add the cooked macaroni and stir.
- Taste and add salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring often.
Our family just loved this! the longer it sat the thicker it got. It came out perfect! I did not change a thing.. we had it with a green salad. thanks :o)
My kids really liked this recipe.They like to sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
This was great Diana.. we had the kids over for a pot luck and I made this...I used more macaroni than stated and then after your last step I put it in to an oblong dish, and sprinkled grated cheese over, then baked for approx 15 minutes. Really popular in this household. =)