Recipe by jokenmar
My children and grandchildren say this is the best soup in the whole wide world. My mother and grandmother made this soup using home canned vegetables. However, since I do not garden any more, I use store bought canned vegetables. Is is super rich and delicious whether eaten with crackers, cornbread, or toasted french bread.
- 1 (3 lb) boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 quarts water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can green peas, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 whole carrots, cleaned and sliced
- 2 large white potatoes, peeled and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chuck roast and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place roast in large stock pot and add the onion, garlic powder, parsley, salt and water.
- Boil approximatey one hour or until meat is tender.
- When the meat is tender, make sure you have at least 2 quarts of water left in the pot.
- Then, add the 2 cans diced tomatoes with liquid, and the 2 cans of tomato sauce.
- Add all of the drained, canned vegetables.
- Add the sliced carrots and diced potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover and simmer until the potatoes are done.
- When potatoes are done, the soup is ready to serve.
- Black peper and/or hot sauce can be added as served.