Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My children and grandchildren say this is the best soup in the whole wide world. My mother and grandmother made this soup using home canned vegetables. However, since I do not garden any more, I use store bought canned vegetables. Is is super rich and delicious whether eaten with crackers, cornbread, or toasted french bread.
- 1 (3 lb) boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 quarts water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can green peas, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 whole carrots, cleaned and sliced
- 2 large white potatoes, peeled and diced
- Wash chuck roast and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place roast in large stock pot and add the onion, garlic powder, parsley, salt and water.
- Boil approximatey one hour or until meat is tender.
- When the meat is tender, make sure you have at least 2 quarts of water left in the pot.
- Then, add the 2 cans diced tomatoes with liquid, and the 2 cans of tomato sauce.
- Add all of the drained, canned vegetables.
- Add the sliced carrots and diced potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover and simmer until the potatoes are done.
- When potatoes are done, the soup is ready to serve.
- Black peper and/or hot sauce can be added as served.