2 hrs 30 mins
My children and grandchildren say this is the best soup in the whole wide world. My mother and grandmother made this soup using home canned vegetables. However, since I do not garden any more, I use store bought canned vegetables. Is is super rich and delicious whether eaten with crackers, cornbread, or toasted french bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 1/2 quarts water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can green peas, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 whole carrots, cleaned and sliced
- 2 large white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1Wash chuck roast and cut into bite sized pieces.
- 2Place roast in large stock pot and add the onion, garlic powder, parsley, salt and water.
- 3Boil approximatey one hour or until meat is tender.
- 4When the meat is tender, make sure you have at least 2 quarts of water left in the pot.
- 5Then, add the 2 cans diced tomatoes with liquid, and the 2 cans of tomato sauce.
- 6Add all of the drained, canned vegetables.
- 7Add the sliced carrots and diced potatoes.
- 8Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover and simmer until the potatoes are done.
- 9When potatoes are done, the soup is ready to serve.
- 10Black peper and/or hot sauce can be added as served.
Browse Our Top For Large Groups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All For Large Groups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Beef Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.5
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 62.6 mg
- Sodium 1104.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 21.5 g