Air Force Mama's Note:
Adapted from Real Food Girl
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 907.18 g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 177.44 ml chicken
- 473.18 ml beef stock
- 236.59-473.18 ml pasta water
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml minced fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 453.59 g steak, cooked, sliced
- 453.59 g wide egg noodles or 453.59 g pappardelle pasta
- 1Make the sauce:.
- 2In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- 3Add the shallot and sauté until lightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they have softened and released most of their liquid, about 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in wine and all but 1/2 cup of the broths and cook until the alcohol evaporates.
- 6Season with salt to taste.
- 7Add the flour to the remaining stock and mix well.
- 8Lower heat to medium low and stir in the flour/stock mixture.
- 9Remove from the heat, and stir in the sour cream and the 2 Tbs. parsley.
- 10Season with salt and pepper.
- 11Cook the pasta:.
- 12Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- 13Add 2 Tbs. salt and the pasta to the boiling water.
- 14Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until al dente, according to the package instructions.
- 15Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- 16Add the pasta to the sauce and toss to combine.
- 17Warm briefly over low heat to blend the flavors.
- 18Add as much of the cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (724 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 948.2
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 246.0 mg
- Sodium 581.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 59.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: