Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Real Food Girl
Make and share this Homemade Beef Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup chicken
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 -2 cup pasta water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb steak, cooked, sliced
- 1 lb wide egg noodles or 1 lb pappardelle pasta
- Make the sauce:.
- In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the shallot and sauté until lightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they have softened and released most of their liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine and all but 1/2 cup of the broths and cook until the alcohol evaporates.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Add the flour to the remaining stock and mix well.
- Lower heat to medium low and stir in the flour/stock mixture.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the sour cream and the 2 Tbs. parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta:.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add 2 Tbs. salt and the pasta to the boiling water.
- Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until al dente, according to the package instructions.
- Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss to combine.
- Warm briefly over low heat to blend the flavors.
- Add as much of the cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.