1/1 Photo of Homemade Beef Stock
3 hrs 40 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18-1814.36 g beef, bones
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 leeks, white part only,sliced
- 4-6 carrots, scraped and sliced
- 2-3 celery ribs, washed and chopped
- 1 bunch chopped parsley stems
- black peppercorns
- white peppercorns
- red peppercorns
- green peppercorn
- bay leaf
- thyme, to taste
- rosemary, to taste
- 2838.0 ml water
- 1Roast the beef bones at 350° Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
- 2Saute the onions in a little oil until they are all turning brown.
- 3Combine all ingredients and simmer on low heat for at least 3 hours (may be cooked in a crockpot also).
- 4After 3 hours, taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- 5Continue cooking on low heat, if desired the longer you cook, the stronger the flavour will be.
- 6Strain stock.
- 7Allow to cool, and skim off any fat.
- 8If not used immediately, store covered in refrigerator for up to 10 days, or freeze in plastic containers or ice cube trays.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Beef Stock
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.2
- Calories from Fat 580
- Total Fat 64.5 g
- Saturated Fat 26.7 g
- Cholesterol 89.8 mg
- Sodium 59.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: