Prep 40 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 907.18-1814.36 g beef, bones
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 leeks, white part only,sliced
- 4-6 carrots, scraped and sliced
- 2-3 celery ribs, washed and chopped
- 1 bunch chopped parsley stems
- black peppercorns
- white peppercorns
- red peppercorns
- green peppercorn
- bay leaf
- thyme, to taste
- rosemary, to taste
- 2838.0 ml water
- Roast the beef bones at 350° Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
- Saute the onions in a little oil until they are all turning brown.
- Combine all ingredients and simmer on low heat for at least 3 hours (may be cooked in a crockpot also).
- After 3 hours, taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Continue cooking on low heat, if desired the longer you cook, the stronger the flavour will be.
- Strain stock.
- Allow to cool, and skim off any fat.
- If not used immediately, store covered in refrigerator for up to 10 days, or freeze in plastic containers or ice cube trays.
We didn't like it very much, just not much flavor, I followed the directions to a T, just expected More Flavor from this. Okay, not bad, just expecting too much from this I think.
Great in French Onion Soup!
It smelled absolutely wonderful when it was roasting and even better when it was simmering. I used mutton bones as I couldn't get beef bones. Poured the good stuff from the roasting pan into the stockpot.