Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got tired of sifting through all the recipe's that are on this website so I decided to make my own recipe.
- 1 lb boneless round steak (I like a little bit of fat but definitely not too much) or 1 lb flank steak (I like a little bit of fat but definitely not too much)
- 3⁄4 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2⁄3 teaspoon pepper (more pepper for hotter jerky)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cut the meat to the thickness desired (I prefer just under 1/4 inch. Saturate the meat for at least 2 - 24 hours in the marinade and place it on your dehydrator. After about 3-4 hours rotate the beef jerky. When the meat bends like a willow tree it is probably about ready. (Usually 6-8 hours in a dehydrator).